So, at the end of June I will be 30... I know, I can hardly believe it either. It's like I am passing through the curtain between young and old, and by June 29th I will officially be on the old side. I'm just kidding, I really don't feel too bad about it. Everyone says your life really gets good after 30. My life has been phenomenal (scattered with a few crappy days here and there, but mostly great) up until now, and it's hard to fathom it getting better, but I certainly wouldn't complain if it surprises me.:)
So anyway, a few months ago I came across a blog that was kind of fun. The lady had a list of 30 things about herself that she was going to blog about. (you can see her post about it HERE) They were all really great questions. Things that are interesting, but important at the same time. I thought it was a good idea, but I was right in the middle of the semester from... so I didn't have the time to start it. But I still kept thinking about the answers to the questions anyway. Then a couple of weeks ago at church we were talking about the importance of keeping records, and what kinds of things you should talk about. Should you put your struggles, including sins and repentance. Should you just put the good things so that your posterity doesn't think you're a downer? Should you write the every day monotony of life, or only include the big events? There was quite a discussion in our class, and it seemed like everyone had a different opinion. I don't know what the right answers are, and I think we all have our own ideas, but the discussion made me think about this list again. I was thinking that these are the kinds of things I would like my posterity to know about me. It's the real stuff, not just the skinny mirror look at who I am. So... considering all of that, and the fact that there are 30 questions on the list, AND I will be 30, AND the fact that there are 30 days in June... it all fits, and I have decided to do the 30 day list. I am excited about it, but I can understand if you aren't. This may not be interesting to all of you, and that's okay. I think that's the reason I'm announcing it this way. I will be blogging about our life happenings as well, so keep tuning in, but if you decide that you don't want to know the deep inner thoughts and important experiences of my life, feel free to skip those posts. It won't hurt my feelings a bit.
Here is the list the lady on the blog used:
*Note: Now that I have started posting some of the answers I have linked the posts here. So if you want to read a specific post click on the question and it will take you there. Like magic. :)
*Note: Now that I have started posting some of the answers I have linked the posts here. So if you want to read a specific post click on the question and it will take you there. Like magic. :)
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
I may decide to change a few of them because some of the information I'm not really ready to share, and some of them don't really apply to me. But this will give you a little bit of an idea of what to expect. Feel free to join in with me if you want, but if you do, leave a link because I would love to know more about you too. So tune in tomorrow to find out 20 random facts about me! Or don't, I'm going to write about it either way:)

No comments:
Post a Comment