forget super powers, I wouldn't mind just looking this good in a super hero outfit...
I would choose the ability to be in multiple places at once. And I would use it to be a better mom. I feel like I am constantly running and still never doing quite good enough. Ethan needs lots of extra help at school, but when I'm volunteering with him I can't be volunteering in Adia's class. And I have so much other stuff to do, I can't volunteer as often as I want to anyway, so one or the other is losing out all the time. Plus, I'm working so hard at finishing up school that it takes a lot of my time, and I can't be home every night to tuck the kids in, and I can't go on every single field trip or be the room mother or PTA president anymore. And it's only going to get worse when I finish school and get a real job. (fingers crossed) And then there's sports and activities with practices and recitals and games and competitions and I am running myself ragged trying to keep up with all of it, because one of the things I fear more than anything with the divorce is that the kids are going to suffer and I can't be enough for them, when they really need a dad around too. But it's impossible to make it to everything for everyone when I'm the only one doing it. And I don't have time to be a good friend, or daughter, or granddaughter or sister, and I don't visit the old crazy lady next door as often as I should, and I don't keep my house as clean as I like it, and I don't have fresh baked cookies when the kids get home from school every day, and I NEVER have relaxing alone time. And most of those things don't matter, and they aren't a matter of life and death, but they are things I want to be able to do, and if I could be in several places at once I could probably manage most of them. So that's what super power I would wish for. Of course having more hands would be super useful, and the ability to fly would save tons of time, and seeing into the future would be way handy. And I've always thought that if I was just super strong I could probably rule the world... really any super power would be pretty nice, I certainly wouldn't turn it down, no matter what it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment