Friday, June 22, 2012

The future #22

#22 on THE LIST: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
In the last few years I have learned not to count on things. You might have plans, but so does God, and guess who wins in the grand scheme of things? I do believe in dreaming though. And I believe in making goals and working toward something, and even making plans, but not becoming set in stone about the way things are or are not going to be. Maybe that's the right way to think about things, and maybe it's not, but it's all my wounded heart can allow for, so I've chosen to change the question a bit. Instead I am going to list some things I wish for my future. These don't have a time line attached, and they aren't listed in order at all, they are just things I want to see happen at some point in my life. 
Finish School
Get a real job
Move somewhere that has a more abundant and slightly less creepy single population :)
Buy a house with a back yard so Adia can have a dog (yuck, I know, but that's how much I love her)
Make a difference for someone
Date a lot
Meet my true love
Get married
Have babies
Adopt more babies
Have a big family
Learn to take pictures for real
Go on an african safari
Hunt in Alaska
Snorkel in the Great Burrier Reef
Work in the temple
Smooch my grandbabies
Be somebody's Cool Aunt Katie
Visit Greece and Italy
Learn to surf
Learn to sign fluently
Learn to speak Spanish
Go Skydiving
Get a Master's degree





No comments:

Post a Comment