Friday, June 1, 2012

20 Random Facts #1

It's day one of the 30 day list. (Read more about it HERE)
Today I am going to tell you 20 random facts about me, so here goes:

1. I grew up in South-eastern Utah, and even though I have traveled to a lot of places in my life, I still think it's the most beautiful place I've ever been.
2. When I was little I wanted to be a writer... I still kind of do, I just worry no one would be interested in my stories.
3. When I was a little girl my sister almost traded me to a Navajo woman for a goat. I'm not making this up, a really real transaction almost took place. To this day I'm not a fan of goats.
4. I truly believe that in some cases an impromptu dance party is the only thing that will help a bad situation.
(I have brought my kids around to my way of thinking as well. This is Adia doing a "get in the air you crazy kite" dance -and song- on a particularly bad kite flying day:)
5. I used to show horses when I was a little girl. My mom and dad made me practice every night, and I actually was getting pretty good at it. But, I hated it with a PASSION! So eventually as my sister who was much better at it than I was, and who LOVED it grew up and got too busy, and as our life changed a little my parents let me quit. I don't regret quitting one bit, I really did hate it, but sometimes I regret the fact that I didn't love it. It goes back to the fact that I don't like animals, I think. (to read more about that go HERE)
6. My guilty pleasure is reality TV. I can't explain why, but it pulls me in and I can't turn away - kind of like a train wreck, you are hoping there aren't any heads rolling down the tracks, but you still have to look to see if there are any... you know what I mean.
7. I have what is possibly and unhealthy love for new toothbrushes and cleaning supplies. If I ever have  a bad day I buy one of those, and it makes it better.
8. I am a hugger. I hug everybody. I know that it makes some people uncomfortable, but I can't stop myself, I just love to hug. I am, however very against social kissing.
9. I talk during movies. I can't help it, I comment about wardrobes or accents, or eyebrow maintinance, I predict what is about to happen. Mostly it's pretty annoying to everyone I'm with. BUT, because miracles really do exist all of my best friends do the EXACT same thing.
10. I am an extremely loyal friend. It takes a long time to consider someone a true friend, but once I do I stay friends with them forever.
11. I am almost finished earning my social work degree. I have been a social worker for my whole life, and didn't even realize it. I'm the person who people come to with their problems, I am a helper and a teacher, and a listener. I genuinely care about people and want to help them. Sometimes that comes back to bite me, but I'm still really excited to be able to do that for my really real JOB!
12. Being a mom is the best job I have EVER had. Even on the hard days it still makes me happier than anything else.
13. I believe in miracles. I see them every. single. day.
14. I am left handed. When I was in elementary school we had "handicapped week" (I grew up in a hick town. No one was worried about being politically correct, or offending anyone. There were 23 kids in my entire school, Kindergarten through fourth grade) We learned about all different kinds of handicaps and got the opportunity to "try it out" by spending the day in a wheelchair, or with a blindfold on, or one arm tied behind our back, etc. In one of the assembly's one of the teachers told everyone that being left handed is a handicap. Everyone knew I was left handed, and people called me "Retard" for a long time after that. Kids are cruel. I'm still bitter toward that teacher more than 20 years later.
15. My favorite drink is hot water.
16. Sometimes my dreams come true. I can pretty much guarantee that if I dream something more than twice it is going to happen. I predicted Ethan having a sister. I predicted the circumstances surrounding my divorce. I predicted the gender of several of my close friend's babies, and a million other things. None of it has been super useful yet, but it's kinda cool anyway.
17. I have a really bad voice, but I LOVE to sing, so sometimes I just belt out songs at the top of my voice. Sometimes I even use my hairbrush or something as a microphone and act like a total rock star. I especially love making up my own songs  that fit the situations we find ourselves. I am grateful to the people who love me for loving me anyway. :)
18. I have monkey feet. I can pick things up with my feet, and can even write my name with my toes if I try hard. My kids have the exact same... um... "talent".


19. I have a cell phone, but I never remember to take it with me, charge the batteries, or even take it off of silent so I can hear it if someone calls me. And returning messeges? Forget about it. That drives the people in my life CRAZY!
20.  Sometimes I think about how lucky I am in this life, and it makes me cry.

1 comment:

  1. Ok ok... Yes, it is true that you almost got traded for a goat. ...but.... it was a REALLY CUTE goat and the lady promised to LOVE you as much as I loved the goat. =)

    I also apologize for kissing you every time you hug me. (but I won't stop because I'm a Smoocher!)

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete