Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hobbies #23

23 on THE LIST: List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them. (Sadly when I was posting this I realized that I don't have a lot of pictures of my hobbies. In fact this silly t shirt is one of the only ones I have. I'll have to fix that one of these days.)


1.  T-shirts. I enjoy screen printing and stenciling t-shirts. I like that if I have something to say I can put it on a shirt. I like that if I want to give someone a special gift that comes right from the heart I can make them a shirt. I like that I make shirts that can make me giggle, or make a statement, or give someone comfort. And the possibilities are endless. Any idea that pops into my head, I can slap it on a shirt. Nothing boring about that. 
2. Decorating. I love to decorate my home, or anyone's for that matter. I love the painting, the picking out color schemes, the planning, and executing, and seeing the final product. I love it so much that when I owned my own home I was constantly decorating room after room. And just as I would finish the last room in the house it was time to start over with the first room again. 




Me as a freshman in college when I started to really learn to cook.

3. Cooking. I was kind of a tomboy when I was growing up, and while I can operate heavy equipment and weld, and hunt, I was never very good at "housewife stuff". This included cooking. But in a way that has been really fun. I enjoy learning new techniques and recipes. I love experimenting with different flavors. I love that I am developing a style all my own, not the one that was taught to me growing up. Yes, I do still make some old family favorites, but I like to come up with my own stuff too.

4. Jewelry making. I have been doing this since I was in high school. I like wearing unique pieces that no one else has, and I like thinking outside the box. When I was in high school I was kind of on an industrial kick which included chunky chains and funky hardware but I have evolved into a little more feminine style. I still like unique styles, and still most of my jewelry was made by me. 


5. Mod-podging things onto other things. I like to see the combinations of things that you wouldn't expect to go together, and I like to have things around my home that no one else has. Plus, it's just kinda fascinates me, I don't know why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment