1. I am far too proud. Someone who has been through the things that I have been through in the past two years should be very humbled. And in some ways I am, but in a lot of ways I am much less so than I used to be. I care far too much what other people think. Here is an example: A few months ago our Relief Society President dropped by with a box of food. I answered the door and she said, "I'm just going around dropping these boxes off to all the needy families in the ward." I had to fight the urge to say that we weren't needy and slamming the door in her face. NEEDY? WE ARE NOT NEEDY! We are actually doing quite well, we have never asked for help from anyone, we pay our bills on time. The only thing that would put us in the "needy" category is the fact that I'm a single mom. It really offended me. I was so angry that I left the box of food on the neighbor's doorstep, because I know they really could use the food. I actually felt like I was too good for her food. Instead of being grateful for her thoughtful gift, I chose to be angry about it. I have since realized my error, and am trying to consciously consider it before I react, but it still is one of my greatest weaknesses.
2. I have a dirty mouth. It doesn't happen very often, but when I get really worked up I say naughty words. I know, it is not a quality that a lady possesses, but I do it anyway.
3. I'm not friendly. I want to be, but I am super shy, and so I come across as stuck up or rude. I'm friendly on the inside, I just don't convey that on the outside. Because of that I sometimes make other people feel awkward. That's one thing I am working really hard on.
4. I don't STUDY my scriptures enough. I'm pretty good about reading them, but sometimes that's as far as it goes. I don't really get much out of it all the time, and I wish I did.
5. I use humor during hard situations instead of actually dealing with my feelings about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment