Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beauty School Drop-out.

I've heard of kids cutting their own hair before. In fact I've had a little of that happen around here. And we  had that one experience when both kids got a haircut PLUS the giant sized stuffed Unicorn, PLUS all of the barbies, PLUS a little patch of the carpet. But I kind of thought we were past that stage. I mean, my baby just turned 7 a few months ago, and in most cases she is mature beyond her years. But evidently NOT mature enough to be past the hair cutting stage...



That's right, it's her eyebrow. No, I'm not kidding. Yes, I do call her baldy, and yes she still cries about it. :)

Evidently during the art time she started wondering what would happen if she cut her eyebrow... not sure why that would even cross her mind, but anyway... so she picked up some scissors, grabbed a chunk right in the middle, and snipped. But then as she saw the reaction on the faces of her classmates she decided that it hadn't been everything she dreamed of. When I picked her up after school she had her hand over her eye, but when I asked her about it she said she didn't want to talk about it. She's not the kind of girl who says that and really means for you to fawn over her until she tells you, she really doesn't want to talk about it! So we didn't. As soon as we got out of the school she pulled her hood on and cinched it down tight so that you couldn't really see her face. When we got home she said she was tired and went straight to bed and pulled the covers over her hoodie covered head. This is a girl who does EVERYTHING in her power to prolong bed time until the last possible second, so I knew something was the matter. I went in and talked to her and tickled her and basically drove her nuts until finally she uncovered her face. I couldn't help it, I was so shocked I let out a gasp. That was all it took for her to burst into tears. Luckily I recovered quickly and was able to calm her down. Then we got out the eyebrow pencil and fixed it up. It worked so well you couldn't even tell if you didn't know it was there. Mary Kay saves the day once again!
A few days later one of our friends saw her and asked about her about her eyebrow. She answered "It's okay now, my mom used a magic pencil on it, and you can hardly even see it now." So hurray for the magic pencil, but when we got home she gave me the berries for telling anyone about it. I told her I posted about it on Facebook and she collapsed on the floor and moaned "MO-OM that's so EMBARRASSING! I think I might DIE!"
Well baby, get used to a good long life of nearly being embarrassed to death, because not only am I on Facebook, but I'm a blogger too! :) HA HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment