Monday, June 11, 2012

Pet Peeves #11

#11 on THE LIST : Describe 10 pet peeves you have.

1. Dirty Socks. Even just the existence of dirty socks annoy me, but dirty socks that are left out where they don't belong DRIVE ME NUTS! One time when I was in college I had a roommate who would leave her dirty socks all over the apartment. I got to the point where I would just throw them away. She was always complaining about having to buy socks, but I just couldn't stand them being around the apartment.

2. When people stop by without calling first. I'm okay with it if we are good friends, but if not, don't just stop by randomly out of the blue without any warning. What if I'm naked or something?

3. When people don't use correct grammar. I'm not saying I am perfect at this in the slightest, but it totally grates on my nerves when a person continually makes grammar errors when they speak. I can't even concentrate on what they are saying, I'm too busy mentally beating them with a stick.

4. Lady Gaga. Really. First what kind of a name is that, it sounds like fancy baby talk, pick a real name. AND what's up with the crazy clothes? Put away the meat suit and wear real clothes LADY GAGA. PLUS her songs are horrible! I mean, her voice is alright, but she sings about terrible things, except they are catchy and they get stuck in my head and then I'm walking around singing dirty things all the time. (I can actually feel my blood pressure rise when I'm typing this. She must really grate on my nerves. ;)

5. People who get impatient in traffic. We all want to get where we're going as fast as we can. Your urgency or annoyance doesn't make you special. Unless you or someone in your car is dying or in labor, just chill. Honking your horn and changing lanes a million times isn't going to get you there any faster. In fact it might get you shot by some crazy road rag-er and then you really will be late for bingo night!

6. Bullies. I just don't like them. Be nice. It's not that hard.

7. Cancer. Yup, cancer really just pisses me off. (sorry for the naughty language, mom)

8. When people think they deserve special treatment just because they are in the minority. It doesn't matter what sex or race or disability or sexual orientation or income level or whatever you are. We all deserve the same opportunities and the same breaks, and we should all have to work hard for the things we get in life. And if you say you want to be treated like everyone else, and not be discriminated against DON'T keep bringing up your differences and using them as an excuse.

9. When a person uses the last of the toilet paper and doesn't refill it. That leaves the next person in line in a lurch. And it's not like we don't have more TP in the house, so there is no excuse!

10. Hiccups. I know it can't be helped, but it totally bugs me when I'm in the same room as someone who has the hiccups. I get super annoyed with the person, even though I know it is totally irrational for me to do so. I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from telling them to stop it! And yes, I do get the hiccups from time to time, and no I can't control it either, but yes it still makes me mad anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I expected you to put the finger next to your ear thing, you would go nuts with my JJ, she likes to "tell secrets" and all she does is hover next to your ear and mouth something with no sound coming out. Every time she does it I think of you.

    ReplyDelete