Traditions!
I am a lover of tradition. I like the ones that I grew up with, and I like starting my own for my little family. I love the unity that it brings, and the memories that come flooding back each time you do it. One of my families traditions is to make doughnuts for our neighbors. My mom makes the dough and fries up the doughnuts, and then the rest of us frost, decorate, (and eat) to our little heart's content. Usually I miss out on making doughnuts because we don't usually come home until just a day or two before Christmas. But this year we were able to participate. I love that this is something I used to do as a little girl, and now my kids think it's as magical as I used to. Listening to them laugh and have fun made me so happy. And so do doughnuts... mmm... it's like a double joy today. (hopefully that will make up for me falling a little behind on my posting this weekend;)
Very fun, we hope you have a very happy holiday. I need to get your home address so I a can send you a card.
ReplyDeleteI also love your family tradition of doughnuts. I miss them when I am not in La Sal. This year we were lucky to get out own plate. Thanks for all you do. You are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI want to know how to make doughnuts!
ReplyDelete