I have recently been e-mailing with an old friend back and forth. We used to talk a lot, and for the past year or so we haven't really spoken much. I didn't realize how much I missed his insight and wisdom. I had forgotten how much I value his opinion. I didn't remember how significantly he had touched my life. It has been fun to go back over old memories with him and talk about what has been going on in our lives since then. I have laughed until my sides hurt, and cried until I was out of tears. He has helped me work through some things that I have been pushing aside, and he has helped me remember what I am here for. It feels like getting a piece of my self back, and I have loved it. I think this is something pretty common this time of year. You hear from those who you haven't thought of in a while. You get to temporarily relive the times you shared together in your memories. I love that about Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment