Thursday, December 16, 2010

Joy #16

Not sure what's going on with the picture, but these are not mine,
I got the photo from HERE (Like 'em)














Chocolates!
Every year I dip chocolates. Some years I go all out. This year with finals and everything I didn't think I would even make any. That made me a little sad. I love making them.
Are they hard work? Yes!
Every year does my head, back, feet, etc ache after spending hours dipping chocolate? Yes!
Every year do I swear I am never going to do it again? Yes!
But is it TOTALLY worth it? YES!
I myself, am not much of a chocolate eater. I love chocolate, but dipped chocolates are not really my thing. But I LOVE to watch people enjoy them. That is the ultimate for me. I love it when people come over and you set out a plate of chocolates, and they try one, and then a little while later they try another one, and another, and you can see that they know they shouldn't have anymore, but they can't help themselves, and pretty soon they are trying to sneak them without anyone noticing that they have had about 14 of them. They are so embarrassed when the whole plate ends up being eaten before they leave, but I don't care. I love it. It makes me so happy! I also like giving chocolates as gifts. It makes a big difference to people when they know you have put so much effort into making something like that for them.
So, as I mentioned, I didn't think I would have time to make them this year. And I don't have time to make the extravagant ones with fondant- they take time to cure before you can eat them, and there just isn't time for that. But I'm so lucky, I thought that my last final was going to be tomorrow, but just in the nick of time I looked at the syllabus and discovered... dun, dun, dun, it was TONIGHT instead! So lucky me, I didn't have to spend all night cramming, I rushed right into town and took it, and now all night and all day tomorrow is FREEEEEEEEEE! (Ah, can you just hear my sighing in pure and total bliss?) So I have time to make my very favorite kind of chocolates. Idle Isle Chocolates. I had never had these until I moved to Brigham City, but they are actually kind of famous there. And for a good reason, they are DELICIOUS! Just imagine biting into a yummy little ball of chocolate, covered in nuts only to discover a creamy, melt in your mouth, little bit of heaven, so good it makes your eyes roll back in your head, center of joy. Even I like them. So I made up the cream for the centers tonight, and will let them freeze over night ant tomorrow I will form the centers and freeze again, then dip and let set, and by Saturday----perfection! I can hardly wait. I am almost giddy. Now, who wants to come by for a taste?

5 comments:

  1. I do I do, can you send some to me? Dad might be coming up next weekend. :) Don't stress about it, I can't eat them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss your chocolates this year, but mostly I will your sweet face. You are one special girl and I need your Christmas letter. I really do miss your letter and your chocolates and YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that sound so delicious. Wish I could share in your chocolate making and eating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were exactly the way you described them!!! Oh so heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was ready to make them this year... but with the move... you know how it goes. I thought to myself, I wonder if Katie made them. I'm so glad you did!!!! I guess I could just go to the store and spend $14.00 on a pound of chocolate. Nah. I'll make them in January or even February for Valentine's. I love your plan of freezing overnight. I could do that!

    ReplyDelete