Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Joy #21

I just ate Chocolate Covered Bacon!!!
That's NOT the joy part... at all...
but the thing that does give me joy this time of year is getting the opportunity to experience things that friends and neighbors enjoy. I love this time of year when people drop goodies by. I love being able to associate things with the people who always bring them. I can't eat divinity without remembering Crazy Elaine who lived in the apartment next to us for my first Christmas being married. I eat Almond Roca and think of Melody, an old boss I had. Carmel chocolate pretzels are the Yaerleys and fudge is the Lowells, and the Redd's Christmas Tea Ring, the Daich's cookies, the Whipple's bean dip, the list goes on and on. Each treat not only reminds me of the heavenly taste, but the wonderful friends who gave them to me. It's a silly thing, but it's what brought me joy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment