Monday, December 13, 2010

Joy #13


The Temple
Last weekend I had the opportunity to be in the temple with a lot of my family, and it reminded me just how blessed I am to have the temple blessings be a part of my life. It made me think about how my family for generations are sealed together, so that after this life we can all still be together again. I reminded me of the sacrifices that my family has made for the temple. From ancestors helping to build temples to my parents working in the temple, to my cousin who stayed worthy to be sealed there which is what brought us all together and caused my mind to go there in the first place. I am grateful for the blessings of the temple. I am grateful for the lessons I learn there, and for the answers I get there. I am grateful for the person I have to work at becoming in order to attend the temple. I am grateful that because of the temple I can have my babies forever, and that they are mine always. I am grateful that in a world that is so wild and crazy and busy and hurtful and noisy that I have a place I can go that is peaceful, where I can leave the cares of the world outside, and focus on the important things of eternity. I love the temple, and it brings me joy.

1 comment:

  1. I just thought.... we just might need to take a picture of my family in front of the construction of the Brigham City Temple. Of course, you can't see anything right now with the big green fence.... but they say 2012 it will be done!!!! :) Plus, we need to take a photo of your babies in front of it!

    ReplyDelete