Primary
Yesterday was a TERRIBLE day in primary. The kids were wired, my sharing time was a flop, I got peed on by one of the nursery kids... Things could certainly have been better. But at the end of the day I looked back and was pleasantly surprised. We are finally getting in the swing of things. All of the teachers showed up, I wasn't running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and my counselors even got to go to sunday school for the first time since we got put in. We are starting to get the hang of this, and that makes me so excited.
And also, we sang in Sacrament Meeting. It went alright for the first song, but then we started singing "Silent Night". And we have ourselves a "monotone angel". Her voice rang out (off key) above all the rest. I couldn't stop laughing. I LOVED IT! It was the sweetest thing ever. It was like she was singing her little heart out for the baby Jesus, and I know that He loved every note. It really hit me then that I love these kids. I love what they are teaching me, and the magnificent spirits they have. I am in awe of them every single week. When I got called as the primary president I was NOT excited. I didn't love it, and I kept thinking of reasons I might have to move:) But I had no idea how much I would love it. It is exactly what I need right now. I need to be reminded, with the innocence of a child, just how much my Savior loves me.
So that's why, even on the bad days, primary brings me Joy.
Katie I feel the same way about primary!!! IT is so awesome to be in there with the kids and you!! You are awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI hear you, I am in the scouts, and 7 boys are definetly a handful. The Savior loves us very much and knows exactly what we need and can handle. You are the strongest person I know and I very much admire you.
ReplyDelete