
Weddings!
I love them! I just do. I was able to go see my cousin get married today, and it reminded me how much I love weddings. I love the cake and the dress and the flowers. I love the hair, and the makeup and the tuxes and the food and the pictures. I love the family and friends, everything about it. When we were in the temple, the sealer was super funny, but also really profound. He said a lot of things that really had an impact on me. I won't share them here, but it just reminded me that it isn't just the wedding that I love, but the marriage. I love the idea of two people so in love they want to be together forever. They want to help each other through life, and share the joy and the pain. They want to put each other first and be each other's very best friend. It reminded me that I want that some day. I think I have been a little afraid to start down that road because the last time, ended so badly. I don't want to be made a fool again. But I realized today that if you want that partnership that you have to take the risk of getting hurt. I think it's worth it. (Now I just have to find the guy...:)
I love that about sealings too. I love when you go back and are a witness to a sealing and you hear things you also need to hear. I also love going and doing sealings for the dead. I'm shed some tears in 2010 when I hear those commandments and think of those who have had to deal with when people break those commandments. As you know, you were not my only friend who had to deal with divorce in 2010. I'm proud that you are so strong!!!!
ReplyDelete