Friends
This year I lost my best friend.
The one that I told everything to, the one that I could be the real me with. The one who knew my secrets. The one who cheered me on and listened when I cried. That is a very lonely feeling.
But through it I was able to really know what great friends I have. I have been really blessed. I have friends who I can count on for anything. I have friends who listen to me when I need to vent, and don't hold the things I say over my head later. I have friends who help me work out all the craziness inside, and sort through all of my thoughts. I have friends who tell me the real truth even when it's hard. I have friends who I can cry with when the rest of the world expects me to hold it all together. I have friends who know what I really mean when I say everything is fine. I have friends who call me out of the blue when I really need them. I have friends who will push aside their own pain to help me deal with my own. I have friends who are willing to drive all the way to Salt Lake to meet my ex husband's new boyfriend for the first time with me. I have friends who know how bad that hurts without me even having to tell them. I have friends who love my kids and are positive male role models for them. I have friends who fill in the gaps where I can't. I have friends who understand what my kids are going through when I don't, and can help me help them deal. I have friends who remind me what's right. I have friends who help me laugh at my situation, and work through all my issues, help me try to find a date, and love me no matter what. I truly would not have made it through these past few months without those friends. So, thank you, for all you do for me. You are my joy.
I love this photo!!!! Miss your guts!
ReplyDelete