Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Joy#8

My kid's teachers. The more time goes by the more convinced I am that God puts the exact right people in my kid's life at the exact moment we need them. I'm sure that's true with everyone, but I notice it a lot with my kids. Their teachers are no exception. I know that Brigham City is where we were supposed to be when Ethan first started school. He needed Miss B and the other teachers he had Mtn. View. They gave him a great start, and exactly what he needed. When we moved to La Sal I was really worried about how everything was going to go school wise. Not that La Sal is a bad place or anything, it just doesn't have the resources of reputation of Mtn. View. But we were blessed again. Ethan got the exact teacher he needed, who not only understands his learning style, and his special needs, but understands his life situation and the feelings he is dealing with right now as well. He makes sense to Ethan, and knows when to push him and when to let things go. We are so lucky to have him in our lives.
And Adia's teacher is no different. She is a perfect fit for Adia. When she started school she was way ahead of most of the kids in her class, and I worried that she would be bored and get into trouble. Mrs. Thayn realized that right away and challenges her a little more. She also noticed what she calls "Adia's leadership skills" (what the rest of us call "bossy butt" Same thing:) and gives her opportunities to help teach the other students and help them pass off their work. This has been spectacular for Adia. She is learning so much and has a wonderful time in school. Mrs. Thayn also has experience with divorce, and has helped Adia talk about and deal with her feelings. (maybe she talks a little too much, a few days ago Mrs. Thayn told me that she overheard Adia telling everyone "I can't wait until my mom gets married again, because then she is going to have a bunch of little sisters for me to take care of!" Yes that's another one of those times that I want to smash my head with a hammer a little bit. I don't exactly want everyone in town to hear that I'm going to be a baby making machine as soon as I get married, but at least I know that when that day comes - IF it comes- she will handle it well:)
All in all I don't think I could have asked for a better situation for my kids to be in at this point in their lives. I love the way Heavenly Father just handles everything. JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment