Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ode To Joy--#22

This joy you totally aren't going to get, but it brought me so much joy I HAD to blog about it. I will do my best to explain, but if you still don't have any clue what I'm saying, I'm sorry, better luck tomorrow. Remember DAY 12 when I talked about us being competitive? Well growing up we played this game called Snurf (some people call it Nertz) If you've never played it I will attempt to explain. It is kind of like playing solitaire only as a group, and in turbo speed. It's a several player game, and everyone plays on everyone else's aces and it's a race to see who can play the fastest and the most cards. It's best when those playing are fast and obnoxious, as in trying to distract other players, kicking under the table, turning the cards in your deck really loud and fast, and pounding the hands of those who are unfortunate enough to get in your way. Sounds fun, right? It really is funner than it sounds, it's actually my favorite game of all time. When you are finished with a round everyone's cards are all in one giant mass on the table, so you have to separate them out, and the one with the most cards played wins the round. It's pretty much an intimidation head game when we play it, and part of the ritual that my sister started is every time she puts one of her own cards in her pile she says "me" and everyone else is "you". It doesn't sound intimidating, but when you hear "me, me, me, me, me, me, me, you, me, me..." a couple of times you get pretty worried about your score. And then throughout the whole next hand you are thinking about that and how you can't let it happen again, so you aren't focused on the game, and you psych yourself out, and do progressively worse. I told you it's a head game, and those who are serious about it know all the tricks. She even started setting the "me, you" to music, and then the tune would get stuck in your head, which would totally blow your concentration. I have a million great memories of playing that game. But I have to tell you it just made my day when I opened my e-mail this morning and found a message from my sister with this link:






That's EXACTLY what she sounded like! And the panic and smoke and exploding into flames-- that has snurf written all over it! I love the "Snurf Theme Song." Thanks Bobbi! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY get it, I miss playing that game all the time. We need to play together, I need a challenge! Thanks, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really fitting that its "Ode to Joy". I didn't even think about it fitting the theme of the month.

    ReplyDelete