Visiting with family has brought me a lot of joy today. Last night my aunt and uncle were here for a visit, and it was great to catch up with them at my grandma's house as we devoured her delicious homemade tamales with delicious red pepper sauce - yum! Then every other Saturday (today) we get bountiful baskets. If you haven't tried them, you should see if there is one near you. (learn more HERE) It's a co-op where everyone pools their money to buy fresh fruits and veggies for an excellent price. It only costs $15 and you probably easily get $50 worth of produce. Plus, you never know what you are going to get until it comes, so sometimes you end up with things that you never would ordinarily buy, but that you get the chance to try. It's really fun, and I can't say enough good about it. We even have a site in little old La Sal! I look forward to it every time, but the thing I love the most is the deliveries I make. My sister and my grandma order, but neither of them can make it to the community center to pick up their order, so I take it to them. I love to drop it off and sit and visit with them for a minute. It isn't especially long, but with my current schedule it gives me a chance to catch up a little anyway. I look forward to that every time.
And other than deliver baskets I didn't really spread the joy today. It's Saturday, I took the day off!:)
well, You give me joy every time you come. and I do wish you would stay longer.
ReplyDeleteThis last year with all my health problems (most of my $ going to supplements and treatment) and Jim out of work You saved my life! Literally saved my life.
I bet you never told anyone that you will not let me pay for my basket. It is also the biggest blessing that you bring it to me because some days I don't have enough energy to move. You know I'm telling the truth because you have caught me in my PJs crying my eyes out more times than not.
You always have a kind word and a Hug and that has made the biggest difference for me. I have no idea how to tell you How much Gratitude I have for you my Beautiful sister.
I love you! Thanks for being in my life.