Fridays are early out from school. Sometimes I hate it because it's out of our routine, but today it was good. We needed a little fun time. We decided to make some of my very favorite cookies... Loaded Oatmeal with Browned Butter Glaze. MMMMM..... I love cooking with my kids. I know I've said this before, but it is so much fun watching them learn and discover things (my favorite is teaching them the art of cookie dough sneaking:) I especially love it when our cooking isn't for anything special, and we can just take our time and talk and it doesn't matter if we put in too many nuts or too little flour. I hope cooking always brings us closer together. I hope the kitchen is always the place where we can talk and share the important stuff. Every house needs a room like that, and why not choose the room that has the chocolate?
And we brought joy by doorbell ditching some cookies to friends. We are not very good at that... at all. We have a chubby mama, a clumsy boy, and a girl who won't stop talking. But the cookies were good... And that's all I'm going to say about that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment