Today's joy is Lazy Saturday Mornings. We don't get to be lazy on Saturdays much anymore (or any day for that matter) since we moved here. In fact, we are so busy on the weekends that I have begun to dread Saturday - we have a serious problem here when I find myself wishing Monday would hurry up and come!:) But this weekend we had the opportunity to stay home so we got to enjoy the day a little, without any pressure. We lounged on the couch watching hallmark movies, then we made the best waffles ever (that we usually don't make because it takes much more time than regular waffles), and my favorite buttermilk syrup, and gorged ourselves. Then we cleaned the house a little, and got ready for the day, and now we are considering venturing out into the almost TWO FEET of fresh, fluffy snow for a little play time. Seriously, it's kind of close to a perfect day. I love the chance to spend a lazy day with my kids. I can't wait until I'm done with school and have a regular 5 day a week job so we can do this EVERY Saturday! (I can dream can't I?)
And today we spread joy by sharing our super yummy waffles and syrup with our neighbors. They are so nice, and they share their fantastic fry bread with us sometimes, so we thought it might be out turn to share, and they LOVED it! They were so surprised that we would bring them breakfast, and they raved about how good it was. So once again sharing the joy gave me something else to find joy it - hmmm I am starting to sense a pattern - this experiment might be teaching me something already...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment