Sunday, December 4, 2011

Joy #4

Chubby_baby : Expresive cute little boy isolated on white background.

In our church, the first sunday of the month is called Testimony Meeting. Rather than having a set program during the meeting, anyone from the congregation is welcome to come up on the stand and share their beliefs and spiritual thoughts with everyone. It's kind of my favorite for a few different reasons. First, in hearing the testimonies of others mine is strengthened. Second, the spirit is very strong there, and it is just a very touching, very special meeting. and third, every random person has a shot at an open mic - and its live- and that's good entertainment every time! :) I do love it though, and today it brought me a lot of joy.

And the way I spread the joy today was pretty great. I love babies. LOVE them. There are only two people I have ever met that love babies as much as I do. One was my Great Grandma Harvey, who always got first dibs because she was the great grandma. The other is my friend Jeremy, and we have been known to fight over them. He thinks he gets first dibs because he's like two feet taller  than me and MUCH stronger, but sometimes I win anyway:) In church I am usually wrestling around with my kids trying to get them to sit still, but today  the kids were at church with my mom, so I had some free time to just listen. There was a young couple sitting in front of me with a fussy newborn. They kept taking turns taking the baby out into the foyer where it wouldn't bother anyone, but it was obvious that they were TIRED. I don't know them, and they don't know me, but at one point when the dad brought the baby in to trade with the mom I just stood up, took the baby, and went out in the foyer with him. And they just gave me a grateful smile and let me go. (They obviously don't know that once I was almost a baby snatcher- or maybe they do, and they were okay with it. :) I think the little guy was just at the point that he wanted someone else - either that or I'm an actual baby whisperer, because he calmed right down and fell asleep as I walked around bouncing him. They came out and thanked me after, but they didn't take him back, and I didn't offer. I ended up holding him clear through Sunday School and through part of Relief Society before he woke up an needed a diaper change -I love babies, but I've done enough of that in my time, so I passed the little guy right over to Mom:) When I left the dad stopped me and thanked me and said, "see ya next week, same time, same place." I just smiled. I'll be happy to love on chubby baby cheeks every Sunday if they watch my kids while I'm at it... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment