Being finished with Christmas preparation! I have been pretty much done with Christmas shopping since October. But even when you have the actual shopping done there is still decorating and wrapping and teacher gifts and stocking stuffers, and neighbor gifts and cooking loads of mouthwatering deliciousness, you know, the "extras". Well, I am finished with all of it. Every bit! Everything is cutesy-ed and packaged and delivered, and DONE! I love doing all of that stuff, otherwise I wouldn't do it, but it is nice to finally say I'm done too. Now I can just focus on enjoying myself from now until Christmas.
The way I spread the joy didn't work out too well. (this is becoming a pattern, I think) In order to finish up my shopping I made the journey to the nearest "big city". As I pulled into the shopping center I noticed a man with a sign that said "homeless, need money" I didn't have any cash on me, and don't love giving money very often anyway, so instead I decided to buy him some groceries. I thought that was a nice thing to do. Well, as I was driving out of the parking lot I handed him the bag. He didn't smile or say thank you, but I figured that didn't matter. But as I drove away I looked in the mirror and saw him throw a loaf of bread at my car! WHAT?! I guess when he asked for money he really just wanted money.
No comments:
Post a Comment