My classes this semester were HARD. I'm getting so close to being done that all of them are the intensive ones that take a ton of work. In fact in one of my classes the professor went on an on about how had taught this class for 10 years and had literally hundreds of students and had only given 4 A's in all that time. So he said don't count on getting one because pretty much no one does. Well remember a few days ago when I posted about being competitive?... Well, basically if you tell me I CAN'T do something it's a pretty good way of ensuring that I WILL. And that's what my goal has been all semester. The grade consisted of three tests and that's all. It sounds like a breeze, no papers to write, no homework to worry about. But, because it is a major class you have to have a C or better for the class to count, or you have to retake it, and because there were no assignments that meant that every test had to be perfect. If you bombed one you didn't pass the class. So even though I didn't have homework assignments to do I still spent hours every week memorizing statistics and reading case studies and reviewing notes. I had to know the information backwards and forwards. It was the hardest class I've ever taken. It put Social Stats to shame! I did great on the first two tests, and even had him request to use one of my essays as an example to future classes of what he expected! (which is a big freakin' deal, by the way) But then in the final he threw everyone a curveball. I just knew I had totally messed up one of the essays. I saw my A head right out the door. So when final grades posted I wasn't really excited to look at them. But I did, because I had to, and GUESS WHO GOT A 4.0? ME, THAT'S WHO!!!!! Now THAT is where the joy is. In fact, I think all of my neighbors know just how much joy that brought me. I totally did the victory dance.:)
And I spread the joy by taking care of a little girl who fell and cut her lip on the sidewalk at school while her mom had a hysterical fit and ran around bawling looking for a wet rag and a band-aid. I had a tissue and some peppermint oil in my pocket so we totally had the situation under control before the spazzy mom got back. I don't know if the mom appreciated it, but the girl did- she told me as she rolled her eyes at her mom who was sobbing and flapping her arms. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment