Today the tooth fairy brought me joy. Adia lost a tooth on Sunday, and that silly tooth fairy forgot to come TWO TIMES!!! When you're a little girl, that is like forever, so she was starting to wonder what was going on. So the tooth fairy knew she had to do something to make up for it. She wrote a
TEENY TINY apology note in glittery ink in a handwriting that DOES NOT match Adia's mom's handwriting at all. Then she drew a
TEENY TINY shimmeriffic self portrait - also using glitter ink, so Adia would know how sparkletastic she looks. Then she drove all over town ( I know it's a small town, so that means like three stores, but still, it has snowed the night before, and the roads were slick and it was cold outside, so it was a big deal) to find her a special treat - she finally settled on a tiny fairy doll with purple hair and a pink dress - WITH removable shoes! Then she left all of that plus some extra money under Adia's pillow to find when she got home from school. (I know she usually comes at night, but this was a special situation- and she didn't want to risk forgetting AGAIN that night.) She will NOT forget again, that's for sure! For a while the fairy thought that maybe it wasn't worth it, but then Adia got home, and all of those thoughts went right out the window. She was THRILLED! She was jumping around, giddy, with each new thing she pulled out. It was so much fun to hear her excited little squeals and watch her dancing around. It was totally worth it! Then, the thing that really made my day was the very first thing out of her mouth once things calmed down a little were "I better write her a thank you card!" Yes, I taught my girl well.:) And the thank you card was adorable.
The joy that I spread was helping the fairy with her job, and I think it was a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment