Friday, December 2, 2011

Joy #2

Yesterday Adia had some dental work done. She doesn't handle sedation very well, so she wasn't feeling like her old self when Ethan got home. He was so concerned about her. He took care of her all afternoon, from kissing her better to laying out her pajamas. He even laid in her bed to get it warm for her before she climbed in:) And she was so grateful to him for doing it. She kept giving him hugs and telling him "thank you". It just made me so happy that they love each other so much. Sure they fight sometimes, but it really matters they take good care of each other. I hope that's something that they never outgrow.
Today I spread joy by doing something for both of them. They had a movie on tonight that they had been waiting to watch for a while now. I made their favorite snacks and let them stay up an extra few hours to be able to watch, I even let them eat in the living room which is ordinarily a no-no. It wasn't any big thing, but it made them SO happy! It made want to do things like that for them every day.

1 comment: