Good insurance. Lately Adia has had quite a bit of dental work done. Like we have been to the dentist 7 times since October - THAT kind of dental work. It seems like just when we solve one problem a new one comes up. I've learned that exposure to Meth, even if it was before you were born, and didn't even HAVE teeth yet, is going to ruin your teeth for the rest of your life. So it is what it is, but cost adds up pretty quickly if you don't have insurance. Right after the divorce, when we moved here we had been dropped from our old insurance. Adia had a cavity, which ended up being a root canal, which ended up needing sedation, which ended up costing me almost three thousand dollars out of pocket. Not nice. So the thing that brought me a lot of joy today was the fact that we now have really good insurance and even with all of these appointments and procedures I have only ended up paying a couple hundred dollars instead of thousands. Yay! And then when I picked Ethan up from school I found out that he had an incident on the sledding hill at recess and now he has some shoulder damage that won't allow him to lift his arm at all without a lot of pain. So we have an appointment for him tomorrow morning, and who knows what will happen there, so I am even more grateful for good insurance.
And for our joy spreading today we stopped by to visit my sister after Adia's appointment. She recently broke her pinky toe in a freak stubbing incident. So we took her some bruise colored nail polish to cover the damage and some chocolate for obvious reasons, because really, that's all you can do for toes. I don't know if it brought much joy since it didn't actually help the pain, but it was fun to cuddle on the couch with my favorite sister for a minute anyway. We don't do that enough!
Oh my gosh! You two DID give me so much Joy! I thought the nail polish was the most thoughtful thing any one has ever done for me.
ReplyDeleteand thanks for cuddling with me... I know you aren't big on PDA but I needed a love in the worst way.
I love you!
oh Ps.
ReplyDeleteWhooo hoooo! for good insurance. I know that will take a load off of your shoulders.