Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Second Annual Adoption Q&A Contest!

That's right, I had so much fun and so many people commented about what they learned last year when we did the Adoption Q&A that I decided to do it again. Really guys, I have been waiting all year for this, I LOVE IT!
So here's how it goes: You ask adoption questions. It can be anything. It can be about infertility, the adoption process, adoption in general, or our specific case. It can be about birth families, open adoption, costs, I'm not kidding, nothing is off limits. Don't worry about offending me, I'm tough, and I would love the chance to answer openly and honestly to any question. If you want to ask a question, but don't want anyone to know, for some reason you are more than welcome to email them to me eberling2@msn.com (Also, if need something to get you thinking, you can read last years Q&A by clicking here)So here is the fun part: In one week,-on November 21st -National Adoption Day- I will answer all of your questions, and then randomly pick someone who will get a SECRET SURPRISE!!! Each question gets your name in the drawing once, you can ask as many questions as you want, but please leave a separate comment for each question so I'm sure to give you the right amount of entries. Don't forget that you can leave a comment even if you don't have a blog of your own. So put me to work, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

5 comments:

  1. So I have a few questions that I could ask you whenever but now that you give me the opportunity I guess I'll ask. Do you guys plan on adopting again? What is the process that you have to go through? I would think that there is a lot of paperwork to do. What kind of questions do they ask? I know you guys love your kids. If you could change anything would you and what would it be? I know I had more the other day so if I think of anymore I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just wanted to know if it was hard to keep in contact with the birth family. Did you cut ties? If so how long after the adoption did you do it? Oh, And I really wanted to win your last contest with the picture blocks...I was really bummed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been searching for different agencies here in Utah to try and talk to someone about adoption. What agency along with LDS family services would you recommend? Also How did you and Troy know that Adoption was right for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered how you felt about something. I know women who can have babies of their own without problem, but think adoption is the easier. My sister has 2 children and had a stillborn last year. Because she is so afraid of repeating that she thinks that adoption would be the easier way. So she is looking into that depsite the fact she can have babies of her own--the stillborn was unrelated to anything associated with her health. I wondered how you felt about these situations considering you have experienced the pain on the other end. What would you say to these women? I guess it all depends on what we go through as individuals, and the pain we felt. We assume that it must be easier on the other side. I still remember the pain of my baby sister being given back to her birth parents, and having a foster child early in our marriage that we had to give back. These are just small bits of what adoptive parents go through and I don't know if I would consider foster children again because of the heartache. But I also can't imagine losing a child I carried for several months either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in contact with the birth mom(s)? I have an open adoption but she really has kinda pulled back from me and I really want to keep it open so what can I do to tell her my feelings? Or should I just let nature take its course but I would hate to lose her and not be a part of own sons life?

    ReplyDelete