Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm a Legend!

Remember the time when Troy hit a wall in our basement and broke his hand? (Click here and here to read about what happened, or to refresh the story in your mind so you will understand the rest of this post.) Well, Troy remembers it too. In fact, he is still a TINY bit bitter about me not driving him to the hospital, so he uses every opportunity to tell people about it in order to tease me about it.( Just like the almost getting arrested and killed in Mexico story when Stacy and I couldn't stop laughing... but that's a story for another time) He thinks it makes me feel guilty - it totally doesn't. So we were at a dinner party visiting with friends, and he tells this story. One couple looked at each other and cracked up laughing and yelled "That was YOU!"
Apparently I am famous. As it turns out the sister-in-law of the couple works at the hospital, and was on duty the night Troy broke his hand. It seems that word spread like wild fire about the immature husband and the obviously clear headed wife who refused to drive him to the hospital in the middle of the night while her kids were sleeping ( I may be adding my own words a little bit here:) and everyone in the hospital has an opinion about it. Some people, the clear headed ones, I'm sure- think good for me, I was exactly right. (It wasn't like he NEEDED the hand to drive, God gave him two...) And some - the crazy ones- think that it was really awful of me to do that. They still talk about it all the time, they tell the story to other people who punch things or break their hands, they debate about who was right, we have even been the topic of discussion at this family's parties several times. We have become a sort of urban legend it seems. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed... But I still think I was right... What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Too funny, and you ARE right! LOL I would have made Scott drive himself to the hospital as well!

    ReplyDelete