Friend: So, you know how it's National Adoption Month?
Me: Yeah. (wondering where this is going)
Friend: Well we have some news.
Me: You do? (Getting pretty excited!)
Friend: Guess what we just did?
Me: What?!? (Screeching. So excited I'm about to pee!)
They had just met with a case worker to start the paperwork to become foster parents! They are going to start out doing foster care, and maybe will consider adoption if the right situation comes along. I am so excited for them for a few reasons. The first is because this is the funnest family ever. They have so much love to give, and the parents are really great parents. The next is because of selfish reasons. This family were some of our biggest supporters when we were going through our rough adoption. They were always there for us. We knew that if we needed to cry they were there. We knew that they fasted for us. We knew that we were in every prayer that they said. We knew that they were doing everything that they possibly could to help us. When I was so upset and frustrated I knew that I could go to their house, and they would listen, and not try to fix it or give me advice, just hear what I was saying and feel my pain. When we had good news they were one of the first calls we made because we knew that they would jump around and cheer with us. They rushed right over the day after we brought our kids home, to welcome and congratulate us. They were understanding and supportive while we were trying to figure out the whole parenthood thing. They loved our kids-and us- when not everyone did. They were there in the temple when we were sealed as a family, and when we blessed the kids. They were at our finalization party, and even stayed after to help us clean up (Now that's friendship!). They have heard our story a million times, and still cry in all the right parts. They are good friends, and for the last five years I have wondered what I could ever do to thank them. Now I will get my chance! Now I can help them and support them, and cheer them on. I am so excited and I just hope that I will be the kind of friend that they have been to us.
So sweet friends, feel free to call on me any time, about anything. I will be there. (Oh, and I have a funny story. I told the kids and they were so excited. Then when Troy got home Ethan ran to the door and yelled "Aunt [so and so] is having a baby, and it's going to be adopted just like me!" We had a little explaining to do...:) I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations!
No comments:
Post a Comment