This last week was red ribbon week at Ethan's school. They learned about saying no to drugs. Every day there was a different theme to dress up as (Crazy hair, Pajama day, funny hat, etc.) Each day the PTA also handed out a treat with a little message on it ("smarties don't do drugs" Attached to a package of smarties etc.) So on Friday I asked Ethan what he learned, and here is his reply: "I learned that if strangers give you drugs you should say 'No way, Pot Head'. You should never take drugs from strangers, you should just take candy." "The pot head" thing wasn't great, but it wasn't my biggest concern. I have spent a lot of time talking about stranger danger with my kids, and taking candy from strangers is top on our Don't Do It list. So I reminded him about this, and he corrected himself. "I didn't mean to take candy from ALL strangers, just strange ladies who have crazy hair and wear their pajamas."
Well, there was another teaching moment gone down the drain. Plus we are going to have to stay away from the Walmart now because that place is overrun with strange ladies with crazy hair and pajamas.
You have to admit that it actually pretty funny.
ReplyDelete