Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My adoption testimony.

I love this day! I hope that you are all surrounded by your loved ones stuffing your face and having fun. I sure am!
In honor of adoption month I am going to take the opportunity on this very special day to bare my testimony of adoption. I Love adoption. I love what it can do to families. I know that it was the way that Ethan and Adia were supposed to come into my life. I know that adoption is a gift from God. I know it because there is no way it would work without His help. Without miracles at every turn there is no way that everything would work out, timing would be just right, and angels would find just the right family. I know that it is a happiness built from pain, and sometimes that is hard, but I also know that because of the sacrifices it takes it is all the more worth it in the end. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with my beautiful children, and for sending the miracle of adoption into my life. I am grateful for our birth family and the gift they have given us. I am thankful for our support system of family and friends that helped us through our dark days, and are still there to support us along the way. I am grateful for the social workers who often get little credit, but who are a key element in seeing these miracles through. I am very grateful for my husband who is strong enough to carry me when I can't go any farther, and who worked right along side of me to bring our babies home. I am most of all grateful for my children who teach me every day, who fought and fought and never gave up until we found each other. I am thankful for the example they are to me and for the desire they give me to want to be better each day. I hope that you all have a wonderful day and that you have an opportunity to reflect on the things you are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment