Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?


On Sunday night we were down stairs watching TV and Troy decided that he wanted a snack. He asked Adia to go up and get one for him. I went to help (thank goodness) She decided she wanted to make "secret ingredient salad" I'm not sure what the "secret" part is, but she said I could post the recipe, so here it is for you. A few of the ingredients (possibly the secret one) but she isn't quite finished yet.

Adia's Secret Ingredient Salad
One carton of left over MC Donald's fries (Any brand would probably do)
six grapes
two carrots
one blob of BBQ sauce
a dash of Cinnamon
a pinch of sugar
a splash of OJ (about 1/4 C)
one handful of Romaine Lettus
Stale Red Licorice
Put all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well using a small "whisker" (Whisk). Enjoy!?!
It also helps if you sing a cooking song, and do a little dance as you stir.

She made Dad try it, and as you can clearly see, he LOVED it! (please don't tell him I posted these, he will DIE!)
Ethan thought it was pretty good, and asked for seconds. Have you seen that episode of Friends where Rachel makes the trifle, and everyone hates it, but Joey is like "what's not to like, meat-good, cake-good, pudding-good..." That is what Ethan thought about the salad.
Luckily when everyone else wanted a snack I had said I really wasn't hungry, so she didn't make enough for me and I was safe, I mean, totally disappointed. Adia took one huge bite, and decided that she really wasn't that hungry either, and she would save the rest for breakfast. What a talented cook right? She is going to be famous one of these days, I just know it. (I only hope it isn't because she poisoned someone with her food or something)

3 comments:

  1. Such a good mom to let her invent! Sometimes I want to make things my way, then I have to remember what they are learning. Kids are so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I use to love "cooking" when I was little. Troy's such a good sport for trying the food. :)
    Oh and I love that episode of Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously the best mom ever!! I bet your kids have so much fun with you as their mom!

    ReplyDelete