Well, the 29th was Ethan and Adia's birthday. It started out a little early. On Tuesday Adia went to her dance class where she got a special card, a little present, every one sang to her, and she got to be the leader of "free dance" time. (Not sure why there is a leader if it's free dance, but that's the story) From then on she thought it really was her birthday. Of course they knew that they had the same birthday, so it was Ethan's too. Try as I might I couldn't convince them that it wasn't, so in the end I went with it, and stuck a candle each in their dinner, and we called it good. The next day my parents came. They spoiled us all rotten. Really, we stink, we are so rotten. It was like a birthday to everyone. They took us shopping, and out to dinner, and watched a movie with us, and stayed the night. I thought Adia was even going to get my dad to take her out for Chinese (Her favorite, my dad's least-by a LONG way-favorite) But at the last minute she got out voted, and we went for pizza. She isn't forgetting it though, the next time they come we are having Chinese, she is already working out a plan, and she never forgets.
The next day really was their birthday. They got a special breakfast with a candle in it- Of course, we are big on candles around here- (possibly another reason why Ethan thought it would be a good idea to try to burn our house down of Saturday) Then my parents, Adia and I made birthday posters for both kids. Ethan's was for his school party, Adia's was because Ethan got one, so she needed one too. We went to the store and picked up the cake (I have done the making them on my own thing before. It was fun, but I'm totally over it, it's so much easier to buy them at the store.) In the process we bought a few party favors for Ethan's school party, and while in the isle adia found a crown and a wand, and package of flashy sunglasses that she HAD TO HAVE. Of course my parents bought them for her, "it's her birthday she deserves to be a little spoiled" Then my parents and Adia stayed home while my dad fixed the lights in our dining room and guest bedroom( Thank you thank you Daddy, I have needed those fixed for a year now!) and I went to Ethan's school for a party. And did we ever P.A.R.T.Y! I don't know if you have ever been in a special needs classroom before, but it is an adventure! There are kids of all different ages, and with all different special needs, and they each have a different but spectacular personality. I had so much fun. We did a CARS theme. I brought cupcakes, and napkins and noisemakers and balloons all CARS. It was a hit. All of them loved everything. And each new thing they got made them SO EXCITED they could hardly contain themselves. (this is a class where no one really gets the "personal space" thing, which is fine with me because I'm the same way when I'm around people I like) I almost threw out a hip from being tackled to the ground and being hugged. -Really, I have bruises. We got to eat our snacks, play games - I almost won musical chairs except *R* won because he is in a wheelchair, and he kind of had an advantage:) and then Ethan and I explained his poster to the class where they learned about all of his favorite things (Again I was tackled with hugs because *S* loved all of the pictures- It was like I "just threw up pictures all over it" - That was a compliment in case you weren't sure:) Finally it was time for me to leave, and everyone started to cry, because they were going to miss me so much (Going to Ethan's class is really good for my self esteem, no joke.) I got a bunch more hugs and some high fives and knuckles, and *P* said he would come over to my house. I said that it might not be a good day because Ethan's grandparents were visiting. He thought about it for a while, and then said "That's okay, I like grandparents, I will be there right after my mom brings me." Such a thinker right?
After that party we went home and opened a lot of presents from my parents and Troy's parents. (Thanks, the kids loved everything) then we had naps, then presents, then birthday dinner,(we each had to wear a pair of Adia's snazzy sun glasses that she got earlier in the day during dinner...and we did...talk about a spoiled rotten birthday princess!) then presents, then cake, then bed.
The next day my parents had to leave (My dad had a big snow-mobiling day planned for Saturday, and had get home in time to get ready for that:) We were sad to see them go. We really love having them come and visit. I wish they could do it more often. But, Troy was home, so that made it alright. After Ethan got home from school they opened presents from us (we saved them so that Troy could be there to watch them open the presents that his hard work paid for:) Then we went to the Circus of their birthday party. That's another post.
So happy four days of Birthday Ethan and Adia. (And with all of this excitement I didn't take a single photo, can you believe it?) I hope this year brings happiness, learning and growing for you. I love you both.
And Happy Birthday today to Grandma Helen! WE LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment