Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Circus

As I said in the last post we took the kids to the Circus for their birthday. I had been to the circus one time when I was really little, and can hardly remember it, so I have to say, I was as excited as the kids were. Well, I have to say, in the end it wasn't nearly as cool as I remember it being, but the kids had a blast, so I guess it was well worth it. All in all we did have a pretty good time, so here is the run down, in pictures. I took some pictures of the actual performers, but they didn't turn out very well, so these will be pictures of the kid's reaction to the performers. Honestly, watching them was way better than watching the actual show. We opened presents before we left. Adia is showing off her new earrings, the head tilt is because she has a new pair in her ears too.
I tried and tried, but this is the only picture I got of Ethan without him holding whatever he just opened in front of his face. Not great, I know, but that's all there is.




This one is way blurry, but I loved it anyway. This girl loves cotton candy!







I love the look on Ethan's face in this one. He is Mesmerized!






Chowing down! As you can see at birthday time the diet went out the window. (We could totally tell within minutes - maybe that's another reason he tried to burn our house down!)


















Adia can't take her eyes off the show!


Just in case you were wondering what the back of Ethan's throat looks like... Or that big snaggle tooth that is hanging by a thread that he won't let us pull...



It's intermission and Troy is asking "if we pretend it's over and go home now do you think the kids will know?"


Adia's second round of cotton candy! Really, when it comes to sugar this girl is a bottomless pit. That could explain her ginormous personality...it's just the sugar talking... This one was bought for us by the little old mad who sat behind us. He thought she was so adorable, and she made friends with him just minutes after we sat down, so when he noticed that we were out he bought us a new one. What a nice guy...right?...


This is a really bad picture but I had to include it because there is a story that goes along with it. I know, have we ever been out in public when we didn't come home with a blogworthy story?
Anyway, this is a lady hula hooping. She did a whole show with her hula-hoops, and it was actually pretty impressive. I had know idea people could move their whole body like that, it was quite a talent... She is wearing a neon green spandex shirt. Just the sleeves, the rest of the shirt is shredded and wrapped around her middle. She finishes off with what looks like a ruffly neon green bikini bottom and a hot pink sequined bra that glittered as she hooped almost making it look like she had two pink strobe lights attached to her chest. It was pretty amazing too.... Well, Adia decided that since this lady was wearing her favorite colors, she wanted to be that lady when she grows up. Nice right? It gets better. She then asks Ethan who he wanted to be when he grows up. He had to think about it for a while, and then excitedly says he wants to be the guy who holds a tray and yells "COTTON CAAANDYYY" Shoot for the stars there kids, Mama is so proud of her little Carnies!... Wow, I love the circus!


1 comment:

  1. HILARIOUS~maybe the excitement will wear off and they will find new occuaptions

    ReplyDelete