I am so lucky to have such good friends. Yesterday my friend Stephanie called and invited me and my kids over to visit/play for a couple of hours. She insisted I come even though I had an extra kid to tag along (bringing the total to 8 kids in one house!) When I got there she had a special surprise for me. She knows how hard it can be to have the husband working out of town, and she also knows me well enough that she knew that even if she offered I wouldn't drop my kids off at her house so I could have some alone time (Like I said before, she has five kids of her own, she doesn't need mine too.) So she got me to come over thinking it was a play date, but when we got there she had her family room all set up for me with a pillow and blanket on the couch, fresh baked cookies to snack on, a mug of hot cocoa, and a book to read. She then told me to relax while she took the kids into another room and did a craft with them. And I never do this, but I totally just took it easy for two whole hours and let her take care of my kids. It was so nice, and exactly what I needed after a week of being sick. What an angel right? Aren't you wishing that you lived here, so she could be your friend? I know you are.
Then later that night I got a phone call from my friend Melissa. She had read my blog and was calling to make sure that the tooth fairy remembered to take care of business. Isn't that so sweet? (The tooth fairy had forgotten all about it by the way, so it really was a blessing) It got me thinking that it really is the little things that matter the most. Those two things made such a huge difference in my life. It wasn't anything big to them, but to me it was HUGE! I am such a lucky girl to have such good friends. This has made me want to pay it forward, so be on the look out, I might just have my sights set on you!...
And thanks again Steph and Melissa, you guys are the best!
I think I have some tears in my eye! Of course, Stephanie so stole my idea about making you come visit and sitting on my coach and eating junk food while we watch a movie. Still, I'm going to make you come do that.
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks for the card! It made us feel so special. Michael loved his Valentine from the kids. He carries it around the house giving it kisses and talking about going to Ethan's house. He tried to talk me into walking there the other day. WE miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteWow---I do want your friends:) I wish we at least lived closer so I could drop mine off to you:)
ReplyDelete