Really this post has nothing to do with Valentine's Day other than I am writing it on February 14th, but it does have something to do with the way I started my Valentine's Day, and something I love, and sharing the love. And if you aren't "feelin' the love", be my guest and skip this post, so here goes...
This morning I got up bright and early and braved the storm (We had a doozie going on where I live) and drove about 35 miles away to go to a movie. Fun right? Really, Mary Kay broadcast a live training spot to 150 theaters around the country in order to help train their sales force. By holding these at nearby theaters around the country they were able to cut down a lot of travel, waste, and do a little bit for the environment, all part of our Pink Doing Green Campaign. I love being involved in a company that 1, cares about the environment, and 2 gives us awesome training to make us better at what we do! I got my popcorn and settled down for the show, which was AWESOME! They told us tips for selling, taught us all about the new looks that will be hot for spring (So if you are looking for an updated look, let me know, I can help you find a timeless look that is perfect for you, or get you on-trend for the season, I am prepared!) and also told us about our standing as a company during this hard economic time. Would you believe that we are not only staying afloat, but we are THRIVING!?! It's true! In a time when many companies are going under, or laying off their workers, and even those with good jobs are struggling to make ends meet, this company is growing! They reminded us that there are a lot of people who are looking for a way to make a little extra cash to meet basic needs, or wanting to put a little more gas in their tanks, or trying to keep the lifestyle they are used to, or even supplement for a job loss or layoff. I got to thinking about a couple of things. The first was how much we have leaned on my Mary Kay income in the last year. It used to be just for extras, if I wanted a new outfit, or we wanted to take a trip I would work a little harder, but this year we have used it for important things like having gas in the car, or buying groceries. It has been such a blessing in my life to have this extra income. The other thing I have been thinking about is all of the people out there who could use a little something extra in their life too. I have been really selfish, and haven't shared this awesome opportunity with as many people as I should have. I have listened to friends who are worried about making their house payments, and who's husband's hours have been cut at work, and never shared this solution with them. So, because I have so many friends and family who I love so much I want to share a little extra love with you. I don't usually talk about Mary Kay here, so I hope this isn't offending anyone, but if any of you think this could be an answer for you please leave a comment, or e-mail me at katieeberling@marykay.com so that I can contact you and share a few facts that might help. If this isn't for you, that's totally fine, maybe you know someone who could benefit from it, and you could pass it on. It doesn't really matter, I guess, I just got a feeling that this could help someone out there, and thought I would let you know. Now on to the CONTEST!!! I know that there are a few of you who think it might be interesting to try Mary Kay, but you just don't know much about it. There might be some of you who KNOW you would NEVER even CONSIDER a MK Career, but still have a question or two about what I do. Either way, no matter what position you are taking, here is your chance to get those questions answered. Leave your questions in the comment section or email them to me now through the next week, and on Saturday, the 21st I will answer all the questions and randomly choose a winner. The winner will receive a gift bag of Mary Kay products valued at over $50! You can't beat that, so be thinking of questions. Asking a question won't obligate you to anything, I won't track you down or bug you about anything, it is purely for the purpose of sharing information. You can ask as many as you want, and each question gets an entry into the drawing. They can be about anything MK related, and be as personal as you want, from how much I make to how I got started, to what is my least or most favorite thing about the business. Nothing is off limits. So get your questions in, time is ticking...
And while you are thinking about Mary Kay visit my website, www.marykay.com/katieeberling and get a virtual makeover. This feature is AWESOME! You can use a model, or download your own picture, and experiment with new makeup colors, and hair styles, all for free. It's so fun, I have spent hours there.
You have inspire me to do the same kind of thing. I should boost my business more too! Thank you for being an awesome team member!
ReplyDeleteHave I told you that after our conversation and how I was worried about my declining sales. I have 150.00 in RE ORDERS!!!!! I put another effort out there and contacted my customers again. Yeah for re orders!!!! You are right, being a MK consultant is a blessing!!!!
I grew up with my mom selling it, my aunt, cousins, sister....I can't think of any deep questions, just from what I have noticed they change their packaging a lot. I wonder why they do it so often, and wonder how often they do do it. It seems like it started in pink, then silver, then blacks...they come up with new fancy compacts. Do the new eyeshadows, blushes, etc. fit in the old compacts? Or is this a way to make more money from people buying new compacts as well. I don't think I could sell it, becasue I am surrounded by family and friends that already do...so there isn't much of a demand. Don't you get 50% off of makeup? I would do it for that reason I guess. In order to start out though don't you have to buy a lot of it to get your business started? It seemed like my cousin spent a lot initially and then never sold any. I was surprised that MK is thriving during this financial crisis. We may not be able to feed our families but at least we look great huh:)
ReplyDeleteHey! I have a dumb makeup question- what is the best way to put on eye makeup? I am a make-up retard! I finally have a pretty good everyday look, but I don't know how to fix it up to go out other than just put more on, which just makes me look like I have too much make up on! :)
ReplyDelete