Monday, February 4, 2008
Valentine's Day
Blame it on the romantic down deep inside of me, but I LOVE Valentine's day. This might have something to do with the fact that I have a valentine, but I don't think so. I have always loved the holiday. There is just something great about an entire day dedicated to loving someone. That's not to say it isn't 100 times better when you have a someone... Troy and I have a hard and fast rule about Valentine's day. We have a price limit on gifts, and we have also outlawed the stereotypical flowers or chocolate. Troy varies on what he gets me, but mine gift to him is always the same... The Man Bouquet! It is a manly bucket full of manly things...on a stick. I fill the bucket with sausage, cheese, candy, tools, and things that remind him of me or of things we have done. All of these things are attached to kabob skewers and stuck in the bucket so as to look like a bouquet of flowers. It has always brought both of us a lot of fun and enjoyment as we focus on Troys favorite things and are able to remember things we have been through together. I think I probably enjoy the Man Bouquet more than Troy does as I work for weeks thinking up and trying to find original things to add. Maybe I'll try to post a picture when I get this year's assembled. Anyway, just something I'm excited about that I thought I would share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is such a cute idea! I love it, and might just need to copy it.... :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great gift. I never thought of that. :p I might have to copy it too.
ReplyDelete