I haven't been very good a blogging lately. I don't know if it is because the only news lately is someone getting sick, or if it is because someone is always sick, so I don't have time to blog around taking care of them. Anyway, I will fill you in on what is going on. Adia and Troy are sick. Okay, that's all the news from here, have a nice day, come again...
Just kidding:) They really are sick, but that's not all the news. Troy got to come home on Valentine's day-Yeah! I was way excited, but he was sick and so was Adia, so we couldn't go out. We rented a movie and ordered Chinese for dinner and just lounged around until, like, nine then went to bed. It was not very romantic, or very fun, but Troy was home, and that somehow makes everything seem better. On Friday Troy and Adia rested, Ethan went to school, and I ran errands, got the taxes done, and went shopping (with Adia not being able to go out, and no one around to watch her while I went out, we were running out of the essentials fast!) Then I decided I would bake some bread, so I made it all up, let it rise, made loaves out of it, put it in the oven for an hour, opened the oven, and discovered it hadn't cooked at all. I did a little investigating and realized that the coil on the bottom of the oven was broken in two. I called around and found someone who had the part I needed to fix it, the only problem is they have to ship it to me and it will take three to six weeks. WHAT! What am I going to do without an oven for three to six weeks? Survive I guess, that is the only option. Saturday Adia had another chest x-ray where they discovered that her infection is mostly gone-yay!- but they also discovered that one of her lungs is not inflating as much as the other one, or getting as much oxygen as it should. So they sent the scans to a specialist and we should find out this afternoon how serious it is and what can be done about it. This is just one more reminder, DON'T DO DRUGS! Sunday Ethan and I went to church while our sickies stayed home and rested. It actually went really well. Ethan was really good, and for the first time in ages (probably since I got kids) I was able to sit and actually listen to the entire sacrament meeting program! We didn't have to go out for a break, or to use the bathroom, or get a drink or anything. It was AWESOME! Let me just take a moment and put in a plug for Crayola Color Wonder products. My mom gave Ethan a Color Wonder book about the alphabet for Valentine's day, and that is the thing that got us through Sacrament Meeting. As soon as the Sacrament portion was over (We make him sit still and not play for that) he asked for the book and markers. He just colored one page after another for the entire time which is a small miracle for him. The way that the color appears after you color on it is like a little magic show, and kept him interested, and I didn't have to worry about him coloring on things he shouldn't because it doesn't show up on anything else. It was wonderful. When we got home from church we had lunch (I don't love going to church at 11 because the kids are hungry when they get home and then if they eat at two they aren't hungry for dinner until late in the evening, and if they eat dinner late they don't go to sleep until late, and then either they don't sleep well because they are too tired to sleep-I don't know how that happens, but it does- or they are grouchy all day the next day) Anyway, I was washing up the dishes from lunch and suddenly felt my feet getting wet. I looked down and saw water rushing from under the sink. The p-trap had a hole in it. Luckily my husband is handy and was home, and he fixed it right up for us. It did involve a trip to the store to get the part, but we figured that the ox was in the mire, and took the chance :) I was so glad he was there. I'm sure I could have fixed it myself, but it was so nice to not have to. I really like having a husband around. I need one. It also made me thankful, once again, that we live in the city where running to the store for a part on Sunday is an option. It wouldn't have been if we still lived in La Sal. After that was fixed we took it easy for the rest of the day and had family home evening at night. It was nice to just relax. This morning Troy had to leave for Wyoming at 3 - he likes to get up there and start working by 6 so he can still get a full day of work in. So we were all up at 3 because if Troy isn't sleeping no one else can either. Ethan didn't have school today so we are playing and having fun. Really the kids have been good today, very little fighting, and a lot of great interacting. It has been good so far, though I'm sure I will be relieved tomorrow when he goes to school instead of staying home. Anyway, that is about it around here. Pray for Adia please, and I will keep you up to date on what is going on with her.
Bless her heart. I hope she starts to feel better
ReplyDelete