Adia got a bike for Christmas. The last few weeks have finally been warm enough to try riding it. At first she had a hard time with
pedaling, but now she is doing great. In fact we ride to the park almost daily now (About a mile away, which is pretty far for those little legs of hers to pedal.) Well, this afternoon the kids were outside riding up and down the
sidewalk while I weeded some of the flowerbeds and put down newspaper to get ready for spring planting. (I know it's early to even think about that stuff, but the weather has been so nice I can't help but get excited.) Anyway, she had her first bike wreck. She fell off and landed on her knees.-She's fine, but she "Almost got blood." I calmed her down and sat her on the front step while Ethan pulled the bike back to our yard. I went inside to get a
band-aid and as I was coming back out I heard Ethan telling her "It's okay
Adia. Sometimes we fall. That's why we have moms and dads and brothers, So they can pick us up and make us feel okay." How profound right? What a little smarty I have. He's right, and the more I thought about it, the more right he seems. Sometimes I do fall, and I am really
grateful for my family-and friends who seem like family- who pick me up and make me feel okay. Notice, he didn't say they make it all better, because sometimes they can't, but they do make us feel okay. Sometimes that is with a hug, sometimes it's a listening ear, sometimes it's just the knowledge that they are there. Sometimes it can still hurt, but with a wonderful "Family" that you know you can count on to pick you up, it makes you have hope that the hurt will stop. It makes you know that they will help you get through it, and will be there when you fall again, because you will. It made me think of all of the times recently that I have fallen and been hurt, and felt like I "Almost got blood" especially when we were going through the adoption, and every day I fell, (And sometimes got run over while I was down) And I thought of those people who picked me up and made me feel okay, and stood by me through the whole process. I am so thankful for those people, as I know things would not have worked out without
their help and prayers. Anyway, now that I am about to cry, and have officially stopped making
sense I will move on.
So,
Adia and I decided to make a jumper for her out of the leftover material we had from the curtains I made for her room. It is pink with green "Poke-a-spots" all over it It turned out really cute, and I will post some (Not great) pictures of it. While I was cutting out the pattern
Adia was helping me-cutting the scraps from the pattern that I had discarded. She looked over at me and said "Mom you better go read the instructions so you don't mess it up." I told her that I knew what I was doing, and didn't need to read them. She said I should just check. I pointed to the words written on the pattern and pretended to read them- "This is the piece to cut out to make
Adia's dress." Without skipping a beat she said "Good reading, let me try." and pointing to the words she said "Mom should read the instructions so she doesn't mess up
Adia's dress." She is too smart for me. I can't pull anything over on her.

The pictures didn't turn out very well. For all but one she refused to smile or put her arms down. I don't know what that was all about, but what can ya do? Also she looks like an orphan. I don't know why I take pictures when she looks like that-probably because she always looks like that I guess. There are just only so many times you can do and redo her hair in a day before you give up and just let it go. Oh, well, it's how we roll:)
I love the jumper! And the fabric I got to on with the bed will be so cute!!! (It's little frogs, and after seeing the polka dots, I think it will match.) Anyway, good luck to you. Smile big.
ReplyDeleteBye