Friday, February 22, 2008

My brave mother

Well, my mom has finally taken the plunge into the world of technology. When I was in high school my parents had the Internet, but then when I moved to college they cancelled it, and haven't been online since. And it's not like they wouldn't use it, when we lived in La Sal my dad would come over and spend hours online looking for things like dozers or parts, and they run a business that would be so much easier to do if they used technology to do it. Well, finally my mom has made the jump. She got a new computer and got online, and it hasn't been easy. She is learning all the tricks and how to do everything. She has had to move all of her files to an updated system, learn new programs, and learn how to navigate the information super highway. And she is doing great at it! She calls me and asks questions a lot,(And sometimes I know the answers) but she is also really smart to figure it out on her own too. I know that it has been a pain for her, and sometimes it is scary, but she has been really brave about the whole thing. I know it isn't a huge thing, but It got me thinking about how brave she is in everything. She doesn't complain about hard things, she just moves forward and does what needs to be done. She doesn't give up until she gets it done. What a good example she is to me. Someday when I grow up, I hope to be just like her! I love you Mom!

2 comments:

  1. My MIL is 69 and she just got her first computer. It wasn't so bad while she was around, but when she decided to go to Arizona for the winter we were getting calls every day about the same thing. I played the stupid card a few times. She actually figured out the computer faster than the cell phone. The cell phone took a year where the computer took about 3 months

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it wasn't her first computer, it was the first time on the internet. She can somewhat navigate the computer, but the internet is too much and all she does is e-mail and IM

    ReplyDelete