Friday, November 5, 2010

Loving this opportunity!

So, I have taken THE CHALLENGE. (You totally should too!) I am raising awareness for adoption. One of the things I am doing is wearing a white ribbon. (you totally should too:) It is small, but beautiful, and it is the easiest way you could imagine to start a conversation about adoption. People notice it right away, and you wouldn't believe how many people ask what it's for. All I usually say is
"It's National Adoption Awareness Month!"
(big like that, I'm sure you can imagine me saying it:)
Some people say, "oh, that's nice" and move on. But an unbelievable amount have a story to share. Some of them aren't nice. Not everyone has a good opinion of adoption, you might be surprised to know:) But the vast majority are beautiful, and wonderful and inspirational, and make my heart happy. I am truly amazed by the sweet miracles I have heard about this month already, and it's only the 5th day!
I love adoption.
LOVE IT!
(And don't worry, I will share a few of those stories later on in the month, so you can experience the miracle of adoption as well:)
And the part I love the most about this white ribbon thing are the questions. I love to answer the questions. I love to help people understand it all a little better, and to be able to share what I know about this amazing process. I am really grateful for people who are willing to ask questions about the things they don't know rather than form opinions that may or may not be true. I appreciate that in all things, but especially in matters of adoption. I think that there are a lot of misconceptions about adoption, a lot of people involved in adoption are misrepresented, and unfairly judged, and I love the opportunity to share a little bit of the truth with people.
That is why I have decided to do the Adoption Q&A contest again this year.
I wasn't going to, but I think it's important (plus I love it, and it's my blog so I can do what I want, HA HA!:) I realize that it probably won't be as big a deal this year since my blog is private now, but I still want to try it. This also means that your chances of winning will be increased, so think up a question and get to asking:) Here's how it works in case you are new to this whole thing. From now until Midnight, November 19th you can leave a post, or e-mail me ( eberling2@msn.com ) with your adoption questions. It can be anything, nothing is off limits. It can be about infertility, the adoption process, my personal adoption story, adoption in general, laws, costs, emotions, the possibilities are endless. If you have ever wondered anything about adoption ask away, now is your chance to get some answers. Then on November 20th I will answer all of the questions, and pick someone to be the winner of a FAB prize! You can ask as many questions as you want, and get your name in the drawing for each question.
Go here or here to read past Q&As to get some ideas.
You can even re-ask old questions, if you didn't understand quite what I meant when I answered. I can't wait, so ask away!

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if you could send an invite to my sis-in-law to your blog. She is the sweetest thing and adopted her little boy 2 years ago and is looking to do foster care or adopt soon. I am sure she would love the adoption support from your blog and really you are super cool:) genesissterzer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ask the first question:)
    If you adopt a child and go through all of the evaluations and paperwork that they do that takes forever...do you have to do it everytime you adopt or do foster care or do they just keep it all on file? You know just call them up and say, "hey, we are ready to go again!" and the process is a snap the next time.

    ReplyDelete