Thursday, November 4, 2010

Birth moms

I don't think that it's a secret that I love birth moms. I am in awe of the selfless women who make hard choices and unimaginable sacrifices in order to give their child more than what they themselves can offer. That is a gift that I can't even fully understand. I am in awe of these women, (and often men, we can't forget them:) I'm not sure I am strong enough to make that kind of a choice. But, without angels like them, many of us wouldn't know the joy of being a parent. I will forever be grateful for the love and wisdom of good birthmothers. Our situation isn't the "ideal open adoption" kind of relationship. We have a wonderful relationship with the extended family of our birth parents, but not so great with them. But I have a dream:) I dream that some day we can have a good relationship. I dream that some day I can tell them and show them just how grateful I am to them for making my beautiful babies. I hope that some day we can have an open relationship, and share in each other's lives. It might always be a dream, but it's one I don't think I will ever be able to let go of. I love them, regardless of the situations we have had in the past. They are a part of my life whether they want to be or not, and for that they will always be special to me.
Recently I found a little treasure that I want to share with you. Have you ever wondered about adoption from the birth mother's point of view? Here's your chance to find out what it's all about. Go HERE to read some amazing stories of selfless love. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment