Friday, November 12, 2010

Jump-*Updated*

We are off on a BIG ADVENTURE today. We are entering unfamiliar territory, and trying to be brave as we have a new experience. We are trying to have faith in people and actions, and trust that things will be just as good if not better by the time we get home tonight. We are experiencing emotions that we aren't really familiar with, and others that we are too familiar with, but hate. We are trusting that Heavenly Father has "got our backs", as Ethan put it in family prayer last night. There are a lot of "bugs in the belly"(thanks Adia for the perfect description) this morning as we set off. We are grateful for the support of good friends as we make our way through this challenge. Your kind words, thoughts and prayers are the things that will navigate us safely home again. Thank you.
I think that is the way it is with life. Sometimes we are faced with hard things and we have no choice but to go on anyway. There is no option to back out, there is no amount of fear that can stop us. Sometimes you are standing at the edge of a cliff, and if you don't jump, someone will push you off. It is better to go on your own. Focus, take a deep breath, leap, and enjoy the view on the way down. So I take the hands of my babies, and we jump. Wish us a soft landing...
**I may or may not keep you updated, it depends on how bruised we are by tomorrow**
UPDATE
Well, we made it! We survived, and it was actually much better than we imagined it. I'm not sure I would say I "enjoyed the view" but I don't feel damaged the way I thought I would, so that's good, right? I have realized that it is hard for me to trust now. That breaks my heart, because I have always been a really trusting person. I guess I am becoming a new person. A more careful person. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing, does it? I really appreciate those of you who called, texted, wrote e-mails, prayed, and even put yourself in awkward positions:) to support me. It helped. I am so lucky for good friends. I am not really ready to talk about it all on the blog yet, or more accurately, I'm not sure the blog is ready for the details yet. But someday... Until then, thanks sticking with me.

5 comments:

  1. Love you! Hope your day went well! Sorry to dump on you while you were out "HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can dump on me any time, it doesn't get much lower then "Gay on Ice", so you didn't bring me down much. I'm so sorry that happened today though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if this was the Friday when I need to show up in the "City" or it was next Friday. I screwed up huh? Okay... so I'm calling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, it wasn't you, I was misinformed when I talked to you last. I'll call you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a slacker on blog reading and writing, so I just caught up..hope life is treating you better and little less crazy in your world:)

    ReplyDelete