So I know I just said that I was really excited for Ethan to go back to school, and it's totally true, but I have to tell you that I was SOOOOO BORED without him today. I spent about an hour this morning tidying up the house (The kids just got back last night, so we haven't had much of a chance to mess it up yet:) Then the entire rest of the day I spent wondering how things were going, If he was having fun, if he was having TOO much fun, if he was missing me, if he was learning a lot, etc. I made him his favorite, Banana Nut Muffins and a huge glass of milk complete with a swirly straw, for an after school snack. I even timed it perfectly so that I would be taking the muffins out of the oven just as the bus dropped him off. I just knew that he was going to sit down at the table and tell me all about his day while he ate his snack. He would share funny stories about the exciting things that happened during the day, and tell me all about his classroom, his teachers, recess, and everything else. So he got home, I ran out to meet him, brought him in, sat him down at the table, and here was our conversation:
Me: So, how was school?
Ethan: Good
Me: Did you have fun?
Ethan: Yup
Me: What did you learn"
Ethan: Stuff
Me: Did you have fun with your friends?
Ethan: Yup, I'm done with my snack now, can I go out and play?
Me: Yeah, do you want to go shoot baskets and you can tell me about your day?
Ethan: UH, Mom, I already told you. I totally don't want to talk about it anymore.
And he was gone...
Little toot, it's apple slices and water for snack tomorrow, and I'm going to do something really fun while he's at school too. So there! (At least that's what I'm telling myself. Really I will probably spend the whole day missing him all over again. This back to school thing is rough.)
That's so funny. What grade is Ethan in now? The first day Cole was gone it was kind of weird but now I love it Do something fun for yourself. You deserve it!
ReplyDelete