Monday, August 24, 2009
Blissfully Boring
Not really, at least not the boring part, but the bliss is right on target. My kids are spending a week at Grandma Helen's house! Yay for me! My mom wanted to have one last hurrah before school started, so she asked if I would let her take the kids. (Let her? Heck yes lady!) So I shipped them off yesterday, and have big things planned for the week. Plans like sleeping late without kids waking me up five hundred times, and going shopping without kids asking for treats and fighting with each other and saying mortifying things to strangers, and going on a date with my honey without kids spilling their dinner all over me and insisting we watch an animated movie instead of doing something fun, and going to the temple without having to find someone to watch the kids and painting Ethan's room without kids stepping in the paint tray and then running down the hallway hoping to escape and wash their foot off before I see who did it, and cleaning all the carpets without kids tracking mud into each room right as I finish, and cleaning out the toy box and closets and taking a carload of stuff we don't need to DI without any kids fighting with me about throwing away her "favorite shoes that she has ever had since she was a little kid" that happen to be two sizes too small, and rearranging some of the furniture without kids telling me how "sad the bed feels for being faced that way", and taking a nice leisurely soak in the hot tub without anyone showing me "the best belly flop ever"... do you see a trend here? So today I got the painting done, and the carpets cleaned, and Ethan's room rearranged(pictures still to come), and went to lunch with a girlfriend, and took that leisurely soak. Tomorrow I am sleeping in until at least 8:00. Wish me luck. Thanks mom, I needed this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh how I love to send my kids to Grandma's house, so I can clean house. My favorite thing about my kids being gone is the amount of energy I have, oh and getting them back at the end of the week ;)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely sounds like BLISS!! SO nice of your mom!!
ReplyDeleteHEY! Do you think that you could brink back grandma's pressure canner for me? My dad said she told him I could use it but I can't get down there ever! If you could bring it back with you that would be awesome!
ReplyDeleteHey! I was just on to tell you that I needed some good music today- Kydon took my ipod, and I was trying to figure out where I could find something to listen to, and then I thought of your blog! You always have the best music! So... thanks for giving me a little pep while I clean today!
ReplyDelete