Last night was parent teacher conference. As I'm sure I have said before, parent teacher conference makes me sick. Literally, I get so worried and anxious that I get sick to my stomach, and get terrible headaches. I have had enough bad experiences that I get really worked up about it. It usually turns out alright in the end, but it's hard to hear that you kid is doing bad in school, and that makes you feel like you aren't doing enough at home to help the situation. It's a lot of pressure number one, to know that your child is struggling, but number two to feel like it's your fault. Stress! So last night after a week of anticipation and dread building up in the pit of my stomach we went to the school to talk to the teacher...
It went great! They all raved about how much he is improving, and how great he is doing this year. They were very encouraging, and optimistic. They showed us all of the things that he has done this year, and we made goals to work on in the next few months. It was such a good experience that maybe next time I won't have to puke before we go. Great job Ethan! We are so proud of you!
Yeah for Ethan. It sounds like he has adjusted to school well this year and I know what you mean about conference I hate them to. I hate going and hearing how bad Tiff is doing in this or that. And how they never have anything nice to say about her accomplishments over the quater. So give yourself a big pat on the back because you are a great mom, and he wounldn't be doing so well if you weren't working with him at home.
ReplyDeleteThree more cheers for Ethan, and three cheers for you for keeping up! Way to go Katie and Ethan!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Ethan!!! You are such a good boy and I am proud of you.
ReplyDeleteKatie, you are an excellent mother and don't feel otherwise. I have watched how you take care of your little ones. Reminds me of a mother hen and her chicks.
I am so happy to read you blogs as it seems we are both to busy to visit, but with blogging I still get to know some of the things you guys are doing.
Love you lots!!!!!
Way to go Ethan!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hated PTC too... I always felt like I was a complete failure when they were over. And then I would go home cry myself to sleep.
You are a great mommy....