ALTERNATE TITLES:
1. In the gutter...
2. What a good mom I am!
3. The way rednecks do it...
Today the city opened all of the fire hydrants in our neighborhood, I guess to clean them out, or get ready for winter, or something, not quite sure. Anyway, it made for a LOT of water. I mean, the gutters were full, and it was flooding the streets. It was really a pretty neat thing to see. And guess where my kids and I chose to experience this once a year opportunity... Yup, in the gutter. And we had a darn good time too. It was knee deep on the kids, so there was plenty to splash in. It was also running really fast, so we had "boat" races, and it knocked the kids off their feet a few times. We played for a good hour before the water was basically gone, and it was time to go in and dry off. Of course the batteries were dead in my camera. After it was all over I realized that it probably isn't the most responsible place to let my kids play, but I come from a place where there aren't any gutters... or fire hydrants...or water:) This is new and exciting to me too, and even though I do know better, for just this afternoon, I choose to be a kid instead of the mom. It was fun, I should do it more often.
Some places actually used to open up the fire hydrants once a year for the express purpose of letting the kids play in the water. I think it's a great thing to do, Katie! Way to let your kids have some fun while still being out there to watch them. You are responsible. It seems fine to me.
ReplyDeleteWay to go girl!! Having fun is what life is about and you deserve to have lots of fun with your kiddo's.
ReplyDelete