Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Observation week



This week is observation week at Adia's dance school. That is the week where parents, grandparents, friends, whoever can come and watch dance class and bring a camera to capture the moments of their kids performing so that they can send copies to family and friends who live too far away to come and watch. The rest of the time the teacher asks that everyone stay out so that the kids can focus on learning, and not performing for their audience. It seems a little cheesy, but I have to admit, I went lugging my two cameras (Video and digital) as well as my cell phone (Just to be on the safe side:) just like all of the other mothers. I had a great time. It was a lot of fun to see how Adia had improved since she started (She won't show me anything at home because "Ballerinas don't dance in houses, they dance in ballerina schools and on stages") She loved it too. After every thing they did she would turn to me and pose because she knew I was filming her. She also liked checking herself out in the studio mirrors, the teacher says she does that all the time:) She was very proud of herself, and the teacher was proud of her too. Great job Adia!

1 comment: