Friday, October 10, 2008
Saving the day...
Just in case you are looking for a hero, I thought I would let you know that I am the " bravest mom in the WHOLE. WIDE. WORLD!" I was given this title by our friend Drew who lives a few houses down. Yesterday I was cooking dinner, and I heard someone crying. I went outside to check it out. My kids were inside, but we have several kids in the neighborhood, and I wanted to be sure that everything was alright. I saw Drew crying and jumping up and down on the side walk next to our house. I went over to him and asked what was wrong. Apparently as he was riding his bike he looked down and saw not one, but "two huge-mongous Tarantulas!" (really they were small, about the size of a pencil eraser, and just very hairy.) I told him that is wasn't a problem, and I slapped them both and killed them in one swipe. You should have seen Drew. He looked at me like I was a super hero, and then in a voice full of wonder that only a four year old is capable of he said "HOLY CRAP! YOU ARE THE BRAVEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! HOLY... CRAP..." I almost died laughing by how amazed he was. Apparently the mom at his house doesn't do the spider killing. Within minutes Drew had kids from all over the neighborhood gathered in our front yard as he reenacted the spider killing. They were all amazed too. Then it was time for dinner, and the kids all went home and I didn't think much else about it. But later as I delivered various shoes and bikes and scooters that were left at our house to the houses where they belonged I soon realized that my fame had spread. Every parent who saw me told me that they had heard the tale of my bravery. I am a total super star now:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome! Way to go, Bravest Mom! Maybe it's that wholesome La Sal upbringing.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Katie!!! :) i really mean it too I hate spiders, james does all the spider killing at our house. But he doesnt kill them he ccatches them and puts them outside so they have the chance to crawl back in our house.
ReplyDeleteYou are a superhero! You tagged me and avoided it. How rude! (I guess I best update that blog...oh no...)
ReplyDeleteYou rock! We need to make you a plaque to hang on the wall.
ReplyDeleteCory's more freaked out about killing things than I am - so I generally have to do it at our house too.
Actually - who am I kidding - I pay a pest guy who takes really good care of us and I rarely even see creepy-crawlies.
(Mice on the other hand - those are all Cory's - the very thought of them make me sick)